Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

In the past 24 hours, it has snowed a total of 15 inches here in Des Moines. Luckily for me and Payton, we have a wonderful husband/dad who loves to shovel and play in the snow (even if he won't admit it!).

The best thing about snow days is that Halley is home with Payton and me! We got to relax and hang out, just the three of us. Payton enjoyed her extra time with Halley today!

Payton is getting so big! She is more alert and loves to sit up and look around. Look at how beautiful she is!

Our house is all set up and ready to go for Christmas. I must say that my favorite part of the house is our living room, which has our tree and a fireplace. Growing up, I never had a fireplace (I guess high rise buildings just don't have them in Chicago!), so we always hung out stockings from our china cabinet doors. Now, I am able to hang our family stockings over the fireplace! We don't have a hook yet for Payton's stocking, but it is sitting at the base of the fireplace...Small things make me excited! :)

Christmas is my favorite time of the year! It is so great to be able to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas, and be able to see lots of family!




No comments:

Post a Comment