Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers...

This time last year, I was not very far along in my pregnancy with the most beautiful and healthy baby girl ever! It has been a little less than 6 months that I have been a mom, but it has seemed like my life has always included Payton.

As a little girl, I always wanted to be a mom; I loved babysitting, and would rather spend time with the kids I babysat then with my friends sometimes! I loved the feeling that little children gave me when they thought I was the coolest thing in the world because I was older than them, but still their friend. I get that same feeling today with Payton, and it is something that I look forward to everyday!

Whenever I put Payton to sleep at night, we give Daddy a kiss and then I take her to her room. I get her all snuggled up and give her tons of kisses. When I lay her down, she nuzzles herself into her pillow, closes her eyes (even though the lights are still on), and then opens them to look at me. Then comes the best part - I get a huge HUGE smile that screams "I Love You Mommy!", and a few giggles. In the last week, I have found myself just staring at Payton in her bed while she just smiles up at me. Then I remember that I better let her go to sleep like a good mom :)

It is wonderful to think that I might of brought my mom just this much joy as I grew up. I am sure that I brought her tons of tears, frustration, and fear, but I pray that I was able to give her this kind of joy as a child.
...My mom and grandmother...
Happy Mother's Day Mommy! Thanks for showing me how to be a great mom in so many ways! Enjoy being a grandmother now - but you have tough shoes to fill as your mom is pretty hard to beat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment