Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Payton!

So I know I am a little late with this blog post, but better late then never! Payton turned two on November 14, 2011! I cannot believe I have a two year old - it just boggles my mind (and makes me feel old!). But putting my feelings aside (ha), we had a great weekend with my sister and mom. It was great to have family come up for her birthday, and they made it extra special because Payton could understand it was a party for her.

We had a birthday dinner with the family on Saturday, November 12, to celebrate her birthday. Payton loves steak, so we all got lucky and Aunt Jenny bought steaks for everyone! I am not kidding when I say that Payton ate half of a New York Strip Steak. She was a beast! She also ate tons of salad and sweet potato. But the best part was the ice cream cake!

I am always amazed that Payton will stop eating sweets when she is full. She was SO excited about the cake, but stopped eating it after about half of her piece. She has great self control! :)

Payton was a little weary about all of us singing her "Happy Birthday" at first, but then for the rest of the weekend, she would just sing to herself and say, "Happy Birthday, Payton!".

I am so amazed to see how our family has grown in the two years since Payton has been born. We are SO blessed!

Payton (and everyone else) enjoyed the ice cream cake SO much. I gave up sweets for a good week or more in excitement of eating lots of the cake!

I am so blessed to be this big girls mom! I couldn't imagine life without her!

Since everyone had to be back to work on Payton's actual birthday, which was Monday, it was nice to celebrate again with just the four of us. I made Payton's favorite breakfast of pancakes!

Halley, Jordyn and I gave Payton a Leapfrog computer and foam bath letters and numbers for her birthday...but her favorite present by far was the fact that Halley took off work to spend the entire day with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment