Friday, July 29, 2011

My Thoughts These Days...

Summer has been flying by, and I can't believe that it will be August in just a few short days! We have been very busy this month, and I have let my blogging fall behind...oops! I usually will blog during Payton's nap time, but these days, I tend to get a nap in as well. It must be the heat (or the fact that I am 7 months pregnant). :)

I can't believe that we will have another little baby girl in this house in just 7 short weeks. I am so excited to meet her, and even more excited to figure out her name! Halley and I are having a tough time agreeing on names, but thankfully both of us have had a great attitude about this! So if you have any ideas, feel free to shoot them our way - at this point, we are open to ALL suggestions!

I am thankful that we are having another little girl for so many reasons. I am excited for Payton to have a sister so close in age to play with and to share life with; I am thankful that we get to re-use all of her clothes since baby #2 will be born within the same season as Payton was; I am blessed to know how much fun it is to have a big sister who I want to do everything with as we grow up; and lastly I am just in awe of how God will give us a gift of another life to raise!

Payton has been a joy as always - but she sure is like her mom (and dad!) . Stubborn and stubborn! We have been working a lot on curbing tantrums, learning to listen to commands, and obeying mom and dad. She has her good days and bad, but we know she is slowly learning what is "right". She is such a smart girl that I know she understands what we are asking of her (mostly because she does what we ask at some points, while at others she pretends like she doesn't hear). Oh the joys!

Here are just a few pics from the last few weeks - enjoy them...soon these pictures will include another cute little Griess!





1 comment:

  1. I love having kids who's names start with the same letter so here's my name suggestion... Paige

    It is of English origin, and its meaning is "young helper". A page in medieval households was usually a young boy whose service was the first step in his training as a knight.

    In modern times Paige has become a given name, generally given to girls living in North America since the middle of the 20th century, but also occasionally to boys. Page and Payge are alternative spellings for the given name.

    ReplyDelete