Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Going, Going, Gone...

Summer went by so fast for us this year! With Halley graduating from Law School, prepping for the Bar Exam, and our many travels it was gone before we knew it!

In August, we went to Chicago to visit my side of the family. My grandpa had surgery, and we wanted to go visit him and also let him meet Payton for the first time. We had a good time and while we were there, there was a "carnival" going on for the residents of his nursing home. So Payton was able to pet a few animals, and my grandpa got in a few lines from a few of his favorite songs.

Halley, Payton, my mom, and I enjoyed visiting Navy Pier one morning while there. It was a beautiful day and we had great time. Look at this view!

Another fun thing that happened was that my mom brought Payton one of my dolls from when I was young. Her name is Delilah and Payton seemed to like her! If you blow into this small hole in Delilah's back, she makes a baby noise - it was fun to pass on a doll I had to my daughter!

My mom and Payton at Navy Pier! We had a great time, and Nana even bought Payton a laughing and rolling monkey!

Payton continues to enjoy her bath times! She cries when I take her out, even though she has been in there playing for over twenty minutes! :)

My little mohawk girl!
Since the last post, we have had a few big changes here at the Griess household. Halley has gotten a full time job at Nationwide in their Agribusiness department. He really likes it so far, and they are SO flexible with his council stuff. It has been such a blessing! And another BIG news that we received this morning, Halley has passed the Iowa Bar Exam! Payton and I were so excited for him when we heard this morning. We were singing and dancing around the house. We are so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment