Sunday, September 18, 2011

Welcome Jordyn Nicole!

On Wednesday, September 14,2011, we welcomed Jordyn Nicole into our family! She was born at 4:40 PM weighing 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches long. She is just perfect!

Our day started out early, waking up at 6 AM to shower and then head into the hospital by my 7:30 AM induction time. By 9 AM, I was hooked up and they broke my water - so contractions started coming soon after that. By 4:15 I was at an 8, and at 4:30, I was ready to push at a 10! So four contractions later, Jordyn was born and I like to tell everyone, I didn't even break a sweat! Ha! Compared to Payton's 1 hour of pushing, Jordyn was a breeze! Our prayer throughout the last trimester of this pregnancy is that the delivery and recovery would be quick, and so far, the Lord has really answered our prayers!

We came home on Friday by about 11 AM, and are excited (and nervous) to start our new life with Jordyn. She is a great and easy baby, but she does like to be awake in the wee hours of the morning for about 2 hours or so. But other then that, she is great! Payton has adjusted as much as she can with tons of attention from her gandparents, so the real test will begin this week when we try to get back to a new normal.

But here are a few of the "clean" pictures I will leave you all with.





No comments:

Post a Comment