Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas....

So don't let this post fool you...The Griess Household has been decorated for Christmas since the weekend before Thanksgiving, and I am just not getting around to showing you all how BEAUTIFUL my house looks! I love decorating for Christmas; I love Christmas music; I love the lights on our tree, on our house, and smelling my Christmas candles!

I very much wish we could keep up all the decorations all year long, but Halley thinks I am crazy enough as it is with decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I won't push it :)

Stockings over the fireplace...So this might seem like something small to most of you, but I grew up in an apartment. Our stockings were always hung on our china cabinet in the dining room, not over a fireplace - so just the look of stocking over a fireplace makes me as giddy as a little girl!

My lovely tree, that is lit EVERYDAY from 4 PM to 11 PM :)

For those who send us Christmas cards, you are displayed in our kitchen so we can look at your beautiful faces for as long as Halley will let me keep the cards up :)

And of course our seasonal centerpiece on the table. This changes with all the season :)

Now for the best part of Christmas...the faces that I get to see light up everyday as the tree lights go on, and everynight as she kisses (yes kisses) the Christmas tree goodnight. I think Payton will LOVE Christmas time as much as her mommy!

Here she is washing the dishes after we made a peanut butter ball for our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party that we will be attending tomorrow night!


I told Halley this picture would end up on the blog :)

And our smallest Christmas lover - JORDYN NICOLE! She loves sitting on the table as we enjoy dinner!


I love Christmas - I love spending time with my wonderful family - I love the music that is always on 104.1 THE LITE - and I love playing with our nativity scene with Payton as I explain to her the real reason for Christmas, Christ's birth. I pray that our girls will love this time of year not for the material things, or the lights and decorations...But that they will love celebrating Jesus' birthday and the true gift of salvation that he brought to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment